Danielle at enchantedbybooks nominated me as one of her Liebster recipients. I think this is a very fun participant blog award. Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is your favorite book read in 2012? (does not have to be released in 2012)
Regardless of many previous recommendations, I held off reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak until this year. It was so tragically sad and wonderful at the same time.
2. Have you read any of the books in the Song of Ice and Fire series? Why/why not?
Honestly, I had not heard of the series. Now I’ll have to check it out.
3. What is your opinion of 50 Shades of Grey?
No how, no way, no thanks! I’ve heard the writing leaves much to be desired, and there is no way I would support a woman allowing herself to be demeaned by a partner. Even reading about it would make me feel guilty.
4. How long have you blogged?
It’s probably been about a year now that I’ve been proffering my opinions online (lol). This blog was born of my first novella Contained being available on Amazon.com, and my “fun” blog since before that time.
5. Do you do anything crafty?
My newest crafting obsession comes in the form of beading, but I’m also a closet scrapbooker. It’s embarrassing to say so because I used to make fun of my friends for doing it, and now I’m an addict who couldn’t count the $ spent on this habit.
6. What country are you from?
I’m from the Midwestern United States (America’s so-called heartland).
7. What countries/states have you traveled to?
I’ve been to Canada, Mexico, England, Ireland and Scotland. It’s very disheartening to admit there are still 18 states I have yet to visit (no particular order — WA, OR, ID, ND, MS, OH, AL, VA, MD, DE, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, HI, AK).
8. Do you like to participate in weekly memes? Which ones?
9. What is your guilty pleasure tv show/book/movie?
I’m going to out myself for watching The Big Bang Theory on TNT Tuesday night reruns over and over and over.
10. What tips/pointers do you have for blogging?
Don’t let trolls bother you. It’s not about you, it’s about them and their version of cray-cray. Your blog is your own, and you can delete whatever crazy comment(s) you want!
11. Is there a book you love that you want to be a movie, as long as it was done the right way? Why/Why not? Which one?
If Neil Gaiman agrees to a perfect director, I would love to see The Graveyard Book made into a movie. Is that already in the works?